ITS Infrastructure Support
The ITS Division is responsible for operating and maintaining statewide CHART Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices, fiber optic communication cables, and the MDOT SHA telephone communication systems. The CHART ITS devices provide weather data and traffic video to operations centers in addition to providing information to motorists by means of Dynamic Message Signs (DMS) and Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) stations. The division also engineers, installs and maintains fiber optic communication cables within MDOT SHA right of way that provide the infrastructure necessary to support both high speed voice and data communications. Additionally, the division administers the MDOT SHA telephone communications system including the installation and maintenance of PBX's, Desk Stations, VoIP Phones, and VoIP Servers. The statewide telephone communications system provides the capability to communicate both internally and externally with customers, citizens, and agencies both routinely and during emergencies.
Statewide Engineering & Technical Support Services
- Prepares designs, evaluates products, conducts engineering reviews, develops technical standards, maintains databases, updates GIS maps.
- Prepares contract plans and documents to support the procurement, installation, maintenance and repair of various radio communication systems, CHART ITS devices, fiber optic network communication cables, and critical telecommunications systems.
- Protects the state's infrastructure from potential accidental damage caused by contractor activities.
- Participates daily with the statewide Miss Utility system coordinating appropriate protective actions with the Operations and Maintenance Division.
- Statewide ITS Technical Support
- John Coll, ITS Supervisor
- Patrick Crogan, ITS Technician
Operations & Maintenance Services
The Operations and Maintenance Section is responsible for the statewide operation, repair and maintenance of CHART ITS devices, radio communication systems, fiber optic network communication cables, and various telecommunications systems that all serve to support a wide array of critical state infrastructure serving the people of Maryland.
- Frank (Dan) Mantyk, Assistant Division Chief
- Phone: 443-604-8158, Fax: 410-744-4716
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
- Montgomery County & Prince George's County
- Gary Hunt, ITS Supervisor
- Michael Fondjo, ITS Technician
- NORTHERN REGION
- Baltimore, Baltimore City & Harford Counties
- Randy Brown, ITS Supervisor
- Al Fitzgerald, ITS Technician
- SOUTHERN REGION
- Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles & St. Mary's Counties
- Shawn Chewning, ITS Supervisor
- Aime Mondoua, ITS Technician
- EASTERN REGION
- Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico & Worcester Counties
- Doug Stewart, ITS Supervisor
- Dave Mitchell, ITS Technician
- WESTERN REGION
- Allegany, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett, Howard & Washington Counties
- Mike Garber, ITS Supervisor
- Terry Cain, ITS Technician
Management & Procurement Services
- ITS Project Management support including staff administration, procurement, progress reports, inventory management and document maintenance
- Coordination with other offices to facilitate teamwork on various construction projects
- Ancillary support for Operations and Maintenance
- Coordination of Customer Service requests across the state
Erika Gregg, Office Manager