Permits: Hauling, Access and Events

How do I obtain a hauling permit?

Visit Hauling Permits to apply for a permit and view fees, restrictions, standards, laws and more.

Do I need an access permit from the Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA) for construction along a State road?

Yes. Obtain an access permit from MDOT SHA prior to any construction on the State's right of way, including but not limited to the construction of driveways, entrances, and street connections for site development and subdivision access.

How do I obtain an access permit from MDOT SHA?

Detailed information is on MDOT SHA’s Access Permits page. For additional information, contact MDOT SHA’s Engineering Access Permits Office at 1-800-876-4742.

How do I obtain a special event permit?

Detailed information is on the MDOT SHA Special Events page.

How do I apply for a permit?

Contact your district office by email or phone for information, application forms and instructions for each type of permit. Click here to locate your district office.